Leupold VX5HD 3-15X44 CDS-ZL2 - 30mm Side Focus HTMRRegular price $2,199.99
This scope is made for anything and everything. Its 3-15 magnification range lets you take full advantage of any situation. Crank the power down to three for thick timber hunting, ratchet it up to 15 for your trek across the open plains, or go anywhere in-between during your range days. The VX-5HD 3-15x44 has the versatility to dominate them all.
The VX-5HD defines relentless versatility. Its wide magnification ranges give hunters and shooters the ability to adapt to any environment. With the Twilight Max HD Light Management System, it’s purpose built for the toughest lighting conditions. Rugged and reliable, the VX-5HD is ready for your next adventure.
Built on a foundation of High definition optical lenses and coatings the VX-5HD is designed to provide you sharpest image resolution and clarity. Combine that along with the Twilight Max Light management system for superior low light performance means the VX-5HD should be your next optic. It doesn't end there the VX-5HD comes with the CDS-ZL2 Custom Dial System ZeroLock 2 which prevent your adjustments from being bumped off inadvertently. The 2nd Turn Revolution indicator quickly alerts you as to where you are in the adjustment range allowing you to never loose your place. This is especially important when trying to stretch out and shoot at extended distances.
It's clear to see, why Leupold is the number 1 name in optics.
Specifications and Features:
- Adjustable Parallax Side Focus
- Adjustable Objective No
- Elevation Adjustment Type CDS-ZL2
- Locking Dial Yes
- Revolution Indicator Yes
- Rezero Type Set Screw
- Windage Adjustment Type Pop-Up Rezero
- Custom Dial Compatible Yes
- BDC Dial Included No
- Reticle Type Second Focal Plane
- Reticle HTMR
- Magnification Type Variable
- Illuminated No
- Nightvision Compatible Illumination No
- Daylight Bright Illumination No
- Motion Sensor Technology (MST) No
- Electronic Reticle Level No
- Weight (oz) 19.7
- Elevation Adjustment Value per Click 0.1Mil
- Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA) 75
- Elevation Adjustment Range (MIL) 22
- Elevation Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m) 218
- Elevation Adjustment Per Revolution 8 MIL
- Elevation Dial Travel Limit 15.2MIL
- Windage Adjustment Value per Click 0.1Mil
- Windage Adjustment Range (MOA) 75
- Windage Adjustment Range (MIL) 22
- Windage Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m) 218
- Windage Adjustment Per Revolution 8 MIL
- Magnification Max 15
- Magnification Min 3
- Objective Lens Diameter (mm) 44
- Linear FOV Low Mag (ft@100yds) 38.3
- Linear FOV High Mag (ft@100yds) 7.7
- Angular FOV Low Mag (Degrees) 7.3
- Angular FOV High Mag (Degrees) 1.5
- Eye Relief Low Mag (in) 3.7
- Eye Relief High Mag (in) 3.8
- Minimum Parallax-Free Distance (yd) 50
- Expands on existing Mil Dot reticle design
- Uses hash marks instead of dots for increased ranging and holdover precision
- Provides aiming points for wind and bullet drop compensation
5:1 ZOOM RATIO
A versatile 5:1 zoom ratio gives you 5 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges may be available in powers of 5x: 1-5, 2-10, 3-15, 4-20, etc.), so you can adjust your magnification to find the perfect balance between magnification and field of view for any situation. The larger the zoom ratio, the more versatile one scope can be.
PROFESSIONAL-GRADE OPTICAL SYSTEM
Leupold’s Professional-Grade Optical System offers unmatched light transmission that’s designed to outperform in the most challenging lighting conditions, industry-leading glare reduction for a clear image in harsh, direct light, and the resolution and clarity that professional guides and shooters demand in the field.
The side focus adjusts the scope's parallax, making the reticle clearer and have less perceived movement when you're shooting at different distances.
CUSTOM DIAL COMPATIBLE
Leupold's Custom Dial System® (CDS®) gives you the ability to customize your turret (adjustment dial) to your exact ballistics and environmental conditions. Once your new custom dial is installed, simply range the target, turn the dial to that number, and aim dead on.
CDS-ZL2 ELEVATION DIAL
The CDS-ZL2 (ZeroLock 2) provides two revolutions of elevation adjustment while eliminating accidental dial movement with the push-button ZeroLock system. It also features Leupold's award-winning Custom Dial System® (CDS®), which allows shooters to order a laser-marked bullet-drop dial to match their exact ballistics and conditions.
SECOND FOCAL PLANE
In Second Focal Plane (rear focal plane) scopes, the reticle stays the same size while the target grows and shrinks when you adjust the magnification. These reticles are ideal for lowlight hunting situations and in scopes that don't utilize hash marks for range estimation.
ZERO LOCK DIAL
The ZeroLock® system eliminates accidental dial movement by locking it in place.
The ZeroStop system creates a backstop when returning the dial back to zero, so you don't accidently turn the dial a full revolution in the wrong direction.
Guard-ion is a hydrophobic lens coating that sheds dirt and water for a maintenance-free, clear, crisp image.
WATERPROOF, FOGPROOF, & SHOCKPROOF
Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.